The worksheet and sample code for our LEGO® Traffic Lights tutorial from September 2015 is now available:
This tutorial requires:
- 1 red LED, 5mm
- 1 yellow LED, 5mm
- 1 green LED, 5mm
- LEGO® Technic brick 4×1 studs (3 Technic holes) or compatible, in black (BrickOwl or BrickLink item 3701)
- Breadboard (any size; mini will do)
- 3 female-to-female jumper wires
- 4 male-to-female jumper wires
- 1 resistor, any value 200-500 Ohms (we used 270)
The electronic components were included in our GPIO Electronics Kit 01 or you can buy from Maplin, CPC, eBay etc. The tutorial document also details an alternative to the male-to-female jumper wires and breadboard, using a pigtail cable made using a Dupont crimper.
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this tutorial nor Cotswold Raspberry Jam.