Hear ye, hear ye!!
This is to announce an exciting event that will be taking place at Cotswold Raspberry Jam on Saturday 23rd September 2017.
We will be running a mini-maker competition for all children who are (or were) in Year 6 or below (Primary age) in June 2017. We are announcing it now so you all have plenty of time to get building over the Summer holidays.
Entries must consist of a physical project – something that’s in the real world such as buttons, LEDs, sensors or motors – and not just on the screen, and must (of course) include a Raspberry Pi. There is no set theme, let your imagination run wild – it really can be anything at all!
Projects will be judged on style, control, damage and aggression (oops – wrong competition) originality, ingenuity, complexity and build-quality.
We have some truly AMAZING prizes, including a Pi 3 signed by none other than the inventor of the Raspberry Pi, Eben Upton! We have lots of other exciting prizes too and there will be a small prize for all entrants. We may also have a surprise judge popping in to say hello.
Some simple rules to make sure it’s fair and fun:
• No parent/carer projects please – help is allowed but we really want to see what the children create
• Maximum budget of £30 (not including cost of RPi)
• If additional power is required (for motors / leds etc.) this must be battery power and a maximum of 12v.
• All projects must contain a Raspberry Pi as the main board.
• You must attend Cotswold Raspberry Jam with your project on Saturday 23rd September 2017 in Cheltenham. Tickets are free.
Ask your parent/carer to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you further details and some project ideas, hints and tips over the Summer to help you if you’re stuck.
We will also post further information here on our website: cotswoldjam.org